Nutritious filling breakfast full of flavour
A plant-based version of the traditional scrambled eggs. Filled with non-inflammatory spices including the turmeric/pepper mix known for its healing properties.
This and many other recipes were in our very first issue of Whole Food Living Magazine that is free to view online by clicking here, or on the image to the right.
All our recipes are oil-free and nutritionally rich. Please take the time to check it out.
Tofu Burji (Scrambled Tofu)
- 500 grams firm tofu pressed to remove excess water
- 2 large onions finely diced
- 1 clove garlic finely diced
- 1 green chilli deseeded, finely diced
- 3 tbsp vegetable stock
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Kala namak (Black mineral salt) optional
- Heat stock in a wok or pan over medium heat. When hot, add curmin, onion, garlic and chilli.
- Saute till soft and onions are translucent.
- Break up the tofu by hand and add to the work, cook the tofu with the onions until all liquid evaportates. Keep stirring.
- Add all the remaining spices. Stir well. Take the wok or pan off stove.
- Garnish with coriander and cherry tomatoes. Serve on the top of a toast.