Crafted with simplicity and convenience in mind, the Peanut Butter Oat No-Bake Bars are a delightful treat that marries ease of preparation with a delightful taste. With just three basic ingredients – smooth unsalted peanut butter, pure maple syrup, and whole grain oats – these bars offer a quick, nutritious, and delectable snack or dessert option.
The smooth, unsalted peanut butter forms the foundation of these bars, providing a rich, creamy texture and a delightful nutty flavour. Packed with healthy fats and protein, peanut butter is not only delicious but also offers essential nutrients that support energy levels and satiety.
Pure maple syrup, a natural sweetener, is the binding agent in this recipe, adding a touch of sweetness without the need for refined sugars. This not only enhances the flavour but also provides a source of antioxidants and minerals, elevating the bars into a healthier dessert alternative.
Whole grain oats, the third key ingredient, bring a chewy texture and a hearty, earthy flavour to these no-bake bars. Oats are a fantastic source of complex carbohydrates and fibre, offering a sustained release of energy and supporting digestive health. Additionally, they are packed with nutrients like manganese, phosphorus, and B vitamins, making them a nutritious addition to this simple recipe.
Peanut Butter Oat No-Bake Bar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter unsalted
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup whole grain oats
- Put the peanut butter and maple syrup into the blender and blitz until combined.
- Add in the whole grain oats and continue mixing, stopping occasionally to remove the mix from the sides of the bowl. Mix until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a square baking pan lined with baking paper and press the mix evenly into the pan. Then for height, I took the baking paper, folded half the mix over and pressed again.
- Chill for 30 mins to an hour before cutting into bars.