The Orange Basted Roast Cauliflower boasts a medley of health benefits stemming from its vibrant and nutritious ingredients. Miso, a fermented paste, contributes gut-friendly probiotics that support digestive health and bolster the immune system. Its rich blend of vitamins, including B vitamins, E, and K, combined with minerals like zinc and manganese, enhances overall well-being. Moreover, miso’s antioxidant properties aid in reducing inflammation and fortifying the body’s defences against chronic ailments.
The inclusion of smoked paprika and cumin not only infuses an earthy and smoky flavour into the dish but also offers a range of health advantages. Both spices are loaded with antioxidants that help combat oxidative stress and inflammation. Cumin, in particular, is rich in iron and may aid in digestion while supporting blood sugar control. Meanwhile, smoked paprika contains capsaicin, known for its potential to boost metabolism and assist in weight management.
The orange zest and juice amplify both the taste and nutritional profile of this dish. Bursting with vitamin C, orange zest and juice strengthen the immune system, promote collagen formation for healthy skin, and act as potent antioxidants. Alongside these benefits, the garlic and mixed herbs contribute their array of vitamins and minerals, making this flavorful cauliflower dish a powerhouse of nutrients that support overall health and well-being.
Orange Basted Roast Cauliflower
- 3 tbsp miso
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cumin
- zest from ½ an orange
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp mixed herbs
- 1 lrg cauliflower head
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F)
- Trim off leaves from the cauliflower and cut the base to make it sit flat.
- Mix all the ingredients other than the cauliflower in a small bowl.
- Line the roasting pan with tinfoil. Place cauliflower in the centre and baste thoroughly with the marinade. Cover the cauliflower loosely with the tinfoil.
- Place in the oven for 20 mins, remove and baste again and recover with the tin foil. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft when pierced with a skewer.
- Serve on a base of mashed potato or hummus.