A potato and jackfruit casserole is the perfect comfort food for a chilly winter evening. This hearty dish combines the earthy goodness of potatoes with the tropical sweetness of jackfruit, creating a unique and satisfying flavour profile. The soft, starchy potatoes and tender jackfruit pieces absorb the rich and flavorful sauce, making every bite a delightful experience.
Not only is this casserole a treat for your taste buds, but it’s also a nutritional powerhouse. Potatoes provide a good dose of carbohydrates for energy, while jackfruit offers a burst of vitamins and minerals. Furthermore, both ingredients are rich in dietary fibre, aiding in digestion and promoting a feeling of fullness. Combining these nutrients makes this dish a wholesome and balanced option that not only warms your heart but also nourishes your body.
The versatility of the casserole makes it an excellent choice for any occasion. Whether serving it as a main course at a family dinner or as a side dish at a holiday gathering, this casserole is sure to please. So, when the frosty winds blow, and you require a comforting, nutrient-packed meal, look no further than this delectable dish to warm you up and satisfy your cravings.
Potato and jackfruit casserole
- 1 large dutch oven
- 2 cans young jackfruit drained
- 5 med tomatoes cubed
- 1 bown onion diced
- handful brussel sprouts frozen or fresh, halved
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp ground linseed (flaxseeds)
- 1 can whole corn kernels drained
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 can red kidney beans drained
- Preheat over 200°C (400°F)
- On the stove dry-fry in a small amount of water the garlic and onion in the dutch oven until the onion is translucent.
- Remove from heat and add in all other ingredients. Make sure all is combined throughly.
- Cook in oven with lid on for 1 hour. Check if the potato and brussel sprouts are soft, if not cook for up to another 30 minutes