Miso Tahini Roasted Cauliflower offers a powerhouse of health benefits through its nutritious ingredients. Tahini, derived from sesame seeds, is packed with healthy fats, protein, and minerals like phosphorus, lecithin, and magnesium. These nutrients promote healthy cell function, aid in bone health, and support a robust immune system. Additionally, tahini contains lignans, compounds known for their antioxidant properties, which may help reduce inflammation and lower the risk of chronic diseases.
Miso, a fermented paste made from soybeans and grains like rice or barley, contributes gut-friendly probiotics to this dish. These beneficial bacteria support digestive health and can enhance nutrient absorption. Furthermore, miso is rich in essential nutrients such as vitamins B, E, and K, as well as minerals like zinc and manganese. Its antioxidant content helps combat oxidative stress, potentially reducing the risk of certain cancers and cardiovascular issues.
The addition of lemon juice and apple cider vinegar not only provides a zesty flavour but also brings in a dose of vitamin C, known for its immune-boosting properties and its role in collagen synthesis. Vegan Worcestershire sauce, often made from a mix of vinegar, molasses, and spices, can add depth to the dish without animal products, offering a savoury taste while being free of cholesterol and lower in sodium compared to traditional Worcestershire sauce. Combining these ingredients with cauliflower, a cruciferous vegetable high in fibre, vitamins, and antioxidants, results in a dish that supports overall health, digestion, and a strong immune system.
Roast Miso Tahini Cauliflower
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vegan worchestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 large cauliflower head
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F)
- Trim off leaves from the cauliflower and cut the base to make it sit flat.
- Mix all the ingredients other than the cauliflower in a small bowl.
- Line the roasting pan with aluminium foil. Place cauliflower in the centre and baste thoroughly with the marinade, leave some marinade for a part cook baste. Cover the cauliflower loosely with the foil.
- Place in the oven for 20 mins, remove and baste again and recover with the foil. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft when pierced with a skewer.
- Serve on a base of mashed potato or hummus.