This super creamy spicy pumpkin soup is great for sharing as an entree at a dinner party or just a warm winter soup on a cold night.
A classic favourite that is easy to prepare yet full of flavour.
Sweet As Pumpkin Soup
- 1.2 kg butternut or pumpkin
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Peel and chop pumpkin into small pieces, place on a plate, cover and microwave for 9 mins.
- Pierce with a fork, if not soft, microwave for a further 2 mins, repeating until soft. Set aside
- In a large stockpot, over medium heat, saute the onion and garlic in a little of the vegetable stock for 2 mins then add in remaining ingredients and simmer
- Transfer soup mixture to a blender or use an immersion blender to puree the soup. Pour mixture back into the pot.
- Continue cooking over medium heat for a further 5 - 10 mins.
- Serve with wholegrain croutons and black pepper.