Healthy simple appetizers that will appease everyone
Try this no oil hummus with a rainbow of vegetables and the five seed crackers. This dish is full of fibre and rich in flavour.
This and many other recipes were in our very first issue of Whole Food Living Magazine that is free to view online by clicking here, or on the image to the right.
All our recipes are oil free and nutritionally rich. Please take the time to check it out.
Easy 5 Seed Crackers and No Oil Hummus
NO Oil Hummus
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
Home made five seed crackers
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds (linseed)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbsp dried herbs Thyme / Rosemary or both
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- In a food processor add all the ingredients with 2 tbsp of water, and process until smooth.
- Stop the process when needed to remove the mixture from the side of the bowl or to add more water in small amounts to help get the right consistency.
Five Seed Crackers method
- Preheat over to 180°C (350°F) on fan bake.
- Mix all ingredients and leave for around 20 mins to gel.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper and split the mixture evenly over both trays.
- Bake for 30 mins (each tray)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before breaking apart and storing in an airtight container in the fridge.